Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thai Chicken Chili Recipe

Sharing My Recipes With All- Finally


Hi Everyone,  This is my first forray into blogging and I'm actually excited to begin doing so.

I am often asked for my recipes as I bring food to various community functions, and actually there are so many people who ask me that, I admit, I fall short on getting those recipes to them.  I've long had in my mind to start a blog where I can post my recipes to so those asking for them can easily access them.  I hope you enjoy my posts, and most of all I hope you and your family enjoy the food you make using my recipes.  I'm so happy to share them with you.

My first posting is my Award winning Thai Chicken Chili.  I made this for the office Chili Cook-off, and, ok, I won second place (Joe's Green Pork Chili was awesome), but I was told by many that this was their favorite chili,  asked by many for my recipe, so here it is:



Thai Chicken Chili

1 Tblsp. Canola Oil
1 sweet Onion-chopped
4 cloves Garlic- chopped
1 28oz can Whole tomatoes in juice- I crush them to pieces before use
2 14-1/2oz cans Kidney beans
4 cups Chicken broth
1 tsp. Salt
4 6" stalks Lemon grass-peeled
1 Tblsp. Chili Powder
1 can Low fat coconut milk
3 Tblsp. Thai Red Curry paste
1/4 cup Thai Basil Chopped
2 cups Shredded cooked chicken

Heat canola oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat, add onion and saute until translucent.  Add garlic and saute for 1 minute longer being careful not to burn garlic.

Reduce heat to medium then add tomatoes with juice, kidney beans with juice, broth, salt, lemon grass and chili powder.  Bring to a slow boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 4 hours uncovered, stirring every so often. Simmering this long should reduce the mixture by about a third.

Add coconut milk, Thai red curry paste, Thai basil and Cooked Chicken.   Simmer for another half hour.  At this point you may eat and enjoy- however, I like to make this the evening before and refrigerate until ready to re-heat and use. I think it tastes even better after doing so, but that's my preference.  Either way, this is a very tasty Chili. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment